It’s true, that when most people think of taking trips to South East Asia, they usually jump at Thailand, Malaysia, or Bali, before considering the Philippines. This is probably because The Philippines hasn’t become commercialized or mainstream. It’s often overlooked.
Now that I am living here permanently, I'm glad it is overlooked because I don't want the Philippines to lose it's exotic and intoxicating charm.
So let me share with you the Reasons Why Life is Better in the Philippines.
1. Over 7,100 Islands to explore and savor. Each island has it's own unique personality, flare and flavor. Take your time, don't try to do it all in 1 day.
2. Tropical Weather, Sea Breeze, Talcum White Beaches, Exotic Sunsets.
3. The Filipino People are the friendliest you will ever meet. I have more friends in the Philippines than I do anywhere else in the world, and I have visited more than 40 countries. Visit and make several new friends. Their friendship will last a lifetime.
4. Coconut Juice - locally known as buko (boo-ko) juice. Nearly every morning, we'll ask the gardener to climb a tree and pick us some fresh buko so we can enjoy the juice all day long. It's refreshing and very healthy for you too.
5. The Philippines is Affordable. Compared to North America, Europe, & Australia, the cost of living in the Philippines is 1/8 to 1/10 of what people are accustomed to spending (this excludes Manila and Cebu). Can you imagine running out of fun before you run out of money? Island Life is Awesome!
6. SCUBA diving and Snorkeling. The water here is crystal clear, and warm, so you can dive or snorkel year round and enjoy some of the world's best diving. Enjoy the corals, the fish or the ship wrecks. On Tablas island, we have some great diving. Have you ever been to a Blue Hole?
7. Tropical Fruit Smoothies are Fresh with the Ripest Fruit. A must have when you are in the Philippines. Consider adding a shot of the local rum as a fun flavoring.
8. English is Spoken Here. Yes, the english language is spoken here. The Philippines is the 4th largest english speaking country in the world. This doesn't mean that the spelling will be correct, but communication is not a problem here if you are uni-lingual.
9. Spas & Massage. Who doesn't like an hour long massage for the price of a Big Mac meal. Yes, you can get a 1 hour massage for about the same price you would pay for a Big Mac, fry & Coke. While you're at it, get a manicure and pedicure. It's worth the extra $2.
10. Foreigners, Tourists & Locals treat each other with respect. The people here are Awesome!
11. Experience secluded beaches that are untouched by mass tourism. We love having a beautiful beach all to ourselves. (If you visit one of the beautiful beaches, please be respectful and keep it beautiful and clean).
12. Enjoy 1 of the country's favorite food items - Lechon Baboy. This is a pig roasted over hot coals. Crispy on the outside, while juicy on the inside.
13. Outrigger Island Hopping or Transportation. Locally they are called a 'banca' (bon-ka) and they are hand made from local materials. 95% of them are powered by little motors, and these local boats can be used for fishing to transportation. Some of the bancas will transport up to 50 people from 1 island to the next. Exciting and a unique experience.
14. Buy a bottle of flavored rum for less than what you'd buy a bottle of water in the USA, Europe or Australia. On my first week in the Philippines, I ordered 1 coconut rum drink at a restaurant. When the waiter brought me out a full bottle of coconut rum, I pointed at the menu and said, 'I want only 1 coconut rum drink. Not the bottle,' and I pointed at the price. The waiter said, 'Yes Sir. This is the 1 drink for that price.' Lucky me!
15. Mangos in the Philippines are the Best. Philippine mangos are unique because they are sweet in flavor and like jello in texture. Make sure you try a ripe mango. You'll become addicted immediately.
16. Ripe, Fresh Produce picked that day. Enjoy delicious organic produce that has the most outstanding flavors. We buy it fresh every morning, or we pick it from our own gardens. Yummy!
17. Happy, Smiles from locals. I highly recommend that you try smiling back, waving and enthusiastically saying, 'Hello!' You'll love the response.
18. Live Music! I really think the Filipinos are the best at live music. The arrangements and sound is awesome. Spend an evening with friends and enjoy the music.
19. Fire Dancing. I love this native dance. Not only is it spectacular, but audience participation is a must. Be entertained as locals spin balls of fire at the ends of chains while they dance to rhythmic music. Have your camera ready!
20. Laughter. The Filipino people love to laugh, smile and have a good time. Their happiness is contagious. Their happiness is the contagious disease that I want to catch, and never be cured.
21. Come back later and I'll share more reasons Why Life is Better in the Philippines.
DISCLOSURE: SOME OF THE LINKS ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND PROVIDE COMPENSATION & HELP FUND THIS WEBSITE AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THIS WEBSITE THROUGH OUR ADVERTISERS & AFFILIATES.
Enjoy the Hilarious Adventures of my Move to the Philippines
See More ->> HERE
DISCLOSURE: SOME OF THE LINKS ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND PROVIDE COMPENSATION & HELP FUND THIS WEBSITE AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU.PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THIS WEBSITE THROUGH OUR ADVERTISERS & AFFILIATES.